Building Regenerative Futures Seminar
Type: Face to Face or Online
Date: 8th July 2022, 10am - 6pm BST
Location: Cluny Hill College, Forres, Moray, Scotland (campus of Findhorn Foundation)
Gaia Education and our European partners for the GaiaYES and Community Catalysts for Transformative Economies projects are delighted to invite you to our one-day 'Building Regenerative Futures' Seminar. We hope you can join us, online or face-to-face!
This free event will present the tools, educational platforms and curricula we are developing with our EU partners to support the next generation of young pioneers, as they build regenerative futures in the face of Climate Change.
We will also hold a panel discussion with international grassroots youth leaders on how to nurture emerging youth networks in the field of holistic Education for Sustainable Development.
The day will be divided into 3 parts, and you are welcome to come to all three parts or to select which ones you wish to attend. Note that the times are in UK time (you can change to your timezone here).
10:00-12:00: Youth Education for Sustainable Development (GaiaYES project)
13.30-15.30: Panel Discussion on the Emergence of Gaia Youth Networks
16:00-18:00: Introduction to the Community Catalysts platform for Social Entrepreneurs (Community Catalysts for Transformative Economies project)
To sign up to it, just fill up the form above in this page and click in the box for each of the three sections you will be attending. We will then send you an information email, with directions/zoom links and more details on the day.
Lunch will be provided by Gaia Education and the project partners.
Give us some little information about you and which events you want to participate!
Youth Education for Sustainable Development (GaiaYES project)
- A brief history of Gaia Education
- An introduction to the GaiaYES project, in partnership with Gaia Kool, Tallinn University, Gaia Nederland and Permamed.
- How the project links to Youth networks emerging around holistic Education for Sustainable Development
- Presentations on the visions of the GaiaYES partners:
- Gaia Nederlands Initiative & a look around GaiaYES Website
- Gaia Kool & Academy Initiative
- Discussion on how GaiaYES tools can support schools & informal youth networks.
Panel Discussion on the emergence of Gaia Youth Networks:
A panel-led discussion and question and answer session on:
- The emergence of youth networks associated with holistic education for sustainable development,
- The challenges they face and the successes they are having,
- The ways we can support the dynamic young people involved in these movements.
Community Catalysts For Transformative Economies (CCTE) Platform for Social Entrepreneurs:
The Community Catalysts for Transformative Economies project aims to catalyse social entrepreneurs and other local actors in support of a transformative economy. A transformative economy is one where social entrepreneurs ensure the long term environmental, social and economic sustainability of their economic activities. We have developed practical tools and a course curriculum to engage rural and urban entrepreneurs and start-ups to and enhance their knowledge of alternative economic practices.
Topics for this seminar:
- A history of the Community Catalysts projects & videos of outputs
- A presentation on the CTTE project & applications
- A look around CTTE Website
- An activity showcasing Gaia Education’s 4-Dimensional approach to sustainability (on and offline)